Runkle Consulting is a structural engineering firm that provides forensic engineering and also design services for modular structures on a global scale for military applications, mining, industrial, and commercial applications.
What Services Do We Provide?
We provide structural engineering for projects that need buildings that can be erected quickly and are transportable. This began in 1997 when Lt. Col. Runkle (USAFR Ret.) designed facilities at Al Dhafra Air Base in the United Emirates. As we have moved forward, we have developed an expertise in cold formed steel and shipping containers. Our clients come to us from a variety of backgrounds with their special needs for various structures that have to go up in a hurry in often remote areas. We have provided engineering services for projects in the United States, Canada, Israel, Haiti, and Afghanistan.
- Light Commercial Design: We provide structural designs for smaller commercial projects. Our designs have included foundations for small manufacturing plants, small retail facilities, day care facilities, and veterinary hospitals.
- Shipping Building Design: We have experience worldwide in the design of buildings made from shipping containers that have be used for military purposes, mining facilities, and low cost housing.
- Shop Drawings: We provide structural engineering for shop drawings that may be required as part of your contract. In our current work we provide engineering guidance for shop drawings of architectural finishes, windows, and store front systems. We also engineer and prepare shop drawings for cold-formed steel construction.
- Cold Formed Steel Design: We are experienced in the design of cold formed steel for primary structures and building cladding.
- Forensic Engineering: We provide structural failure analysis and remediation design for foundation failures and can provide failure analysis for wood framed structures.