Runkle Consulting is a structural engineering firm that provides forensice engineering and also design services for modular structures on a global scale for military applications, mining, industrial, and commercial applications.
What Services Do We Provide?
We provide structural engineering for projects that need buildings that can be erected quickly and are transportable. This began in 1997 when Lt. Col. Runkle (USAFR Ret.) designed facilities at Al Dhafra Air Base in the United Emirates. As we have moved forward, we have developed an expertise in cold formed steel and shipping containers. Our clients come to us from a variety of backgrounds with their special needs for various structures that have to go up in a hurry in often remote areas.
- Forensic Engineering: We provide failure analysis and structural condition assessments of buildings. For example, we can provide structural condition assessments of residences and commercial buildings prior to purchase to evaluate issues that may be in need of repair or lower the value of the building. Also, in the event of structural failures, we can identify the cause of the problem and provide the design of the repair as necessary.
- Intermodal Container Building Design: We design buildings made from Intermodal Containers (shipping containers) that are an inexpensive way to make buildings of all types, from single family homes to large commercial buildings.
- Light Commercial Design: We provide structural designs for smaller commercial projects. Our designs have included foundations for small manufacturing plants, small retail facilities, day care facilities, and veterinary hospitals.
- Modular Buildnig Design: We have experience worldwide in the design of modular buildings that have be used for military purposes, mining facilities, and low cost housing.
- Shop Drawings: We provide structural engineering for shop drawings that may be required as part of your contract. We have prepared various types of drawings for contractors performing work for the Centers for Disease Control, Fulton County Schools, and the Georgia Dome.